Sunday, March 11, 2012

Crafted Prayer

Father I invite you into my life again today. You are the creator and initiator of life, salvation, healing, and good works done for your glory. You have given me the gift of life through your Son, who offered himself for my sin, the sin of my family, friends, and of the world. Oh what a good God you are! You are worthy of praise and thanksgiving! I exalt your Holy Name! Intimacy with you is my secret to abundant life flowing like a river from within me! You have created me a unique person in this world for a specific purpose, and you are conforming me to the image of Christ as I walk through this life. I embrace the circumstances of my life today as a gift from your hand to conform me to this image. Where I sense you leading me to lay down my life as your Son did to serve others, I ask for grace to do it lovingly. Where I sense the enemy bringing confusion and temptation to my mind, my, circumstances,  and my flesh, I ask for discernment and a willingness to run to the battle lines to stand against the attack. Help me Lord to choose to employ the weapons of our warfare that you have given to us, your body. You have given us these wonderful gifts: truth, righteousness, peace, faith, salvation, and the Word of God. I choose to put these on as your armor for me. In addition to these,  you have given us the choice to forgive, to love, to walk with joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control. Help me to choose to access your Spirit to produce this fruit in my life. Help me to rest and trust you, in and with all circumstances! Lord I ask that you would help me to love those I come into contact with today. Help me to be emotionally present with them, and to be open with them. Help our hearts to connect with you and with one another. I ask that I could be as Jesus to my wife and children. The life of God begins at home, so let me treat my family with as much or more respect that I would anyone else I was trying to impress. Let me not take them for granted, as life is short, fragile, and unpredictable. In my work Lord, may I trust the results to you! You have given me a skill set unlike any other person, so help me to find it and use it for your glory. May I not become frustrated at failure, lack, or overwhelmed with too much to do. Help me to remember that you are the redeemer, builder, supplier, and wise God. Lord help me to remember that the point of my work is to serve others for your glory, and that sufficient for each day is the trouble therein. May my business be a hope center for those I employ, and for our customers and vendors. Lord, my old nature is selfish and stubborn, but you have given me a new nature that is holy and blameless in your presence! Help me to walk in this new nature, in confidence that Christ lives in me, and that I share in the riches and glory of Christ, in whom lie all the hidden treasures of wisdom and knowledge. May my roots grow deep in this revelation so that I will grow in faith, strong and vigorous in truth, and that my life would overflow with thanksgiving for all you have done. You have nothing against me because you see me through the blood of your son, holy, blameless and without a single fault. Oh how good you are! I praise you and exalt you! What a wonderful God you are! Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment