Saturday, April 7, 2012

Psalm 118 Prayer I took some liberties to turn this into a prayer! 1 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!     His faithful love endures forever.:  Repeat this again with me: “His faithful love endures forever.” 3 Repeat this with your family and friends:     “His faithful love endures forever.” 4 Do you  fear the Lord? Then repeat this over and over:     “His faithful love endures forever.” Make the following declaration: 5 In my distress I prayed to the Lord,     and the Lord answered me and set me free. In my distress I will pray to the Lord, and he will answer me and set me free! He will answer me and set me free. He will answer me and set me free. 6 The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear.     What can mere people do to me? 7 Yes, the Lord is for me; he will help me.     I will look in triumph at those who hate me. 8 It is better to take refuge in the Lord     than to trust in people. 9 It is better to take refuge in the Lord     than to trust in princes. I am going to trust the Lord. He is helping me. He is with me, and I am taking refuge in Him. He is for me and not against me. He only sees his son in me! He only sees Jesus in me. He sees my great need and sends his Spirit to comfort me! 10 Though hostile circumstances surround me,     I will destroy them all with the authority of the Lord. 11 Yes, they surround and attack me,     but I destroy them all with the authority of the Lord. 12 They swarm around me like bees;     they blaze against me like a crackling fire.     But I destroy them all with the authority of theLord. 13 My enemies are trying their best to kill me,     but the Lord is rescuing me. 14 The Lord is my strength and my song;     he has given me victory. The Lord is my victory. He is my strength and my song! He does not give me anything I cannot handle, because he is with me in every circumstance. He is my salvation. I will walk through the valley of the shadow of death, and he will be with me, and he will prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies! 15 Songs of joy and victory are sung in the camp of the godly.     The strong right arm of the Lord has done glorious things! 16 The strong right arm of the Lord is raised in triumph.     The strong right arm of the Lord has done glorious things! 17 I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the Lord has done. 18 The Lord has punished me severely, but he did not let me die. He will not forsake those who turn to him in obedience. My secret place of strength is the throne room of my king. I will enter that place with thanksgiving and gratefulness for all the blessings he has poured out on me. I will give thanks to the Lord! 19 Open for me the gates where the righteous enter,     and I will go in and thank the Lord. 20 These gates lead to the presence of the Lord,     and the godly enter there. 21 I thank you for answering my prayer and giving me victory! He IS giving me victory!  Though I may feel broken, discouraged, and rejected, he is my rock of strength and my salvation! 22 The stone that the builders rejected     has now become the cornerstone. 23 This is the Lord’s doing,     and it is wonderful to see. 24 This is the day the Lord has made.      I will rejoice and be glad in it. I will wait patiently for the Lord alone to save me! 25 Please, Lord, please save us.     Please, Lord, please give us success. 26 Bless the one who comes in the name of the Lord.     We bless you from the house of the Lord. 27 The Lord is God, shining upon us.     Take the sacrifice and bind it with cords on the altar. Jesus was the sacrifice. Like him I too will lay down my life for the glory of the Lord. My life does not consist of my possessions, or of my achievements, but the Lord is my inheritance!  28 You are my God, and I will praise you!     You are my God, and I will exalt you! 29 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!     His faithful love endures forever.   Say it over and over: Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!     His faithful love endures forever Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good!     His faithful love endures forever! His faithful love endures forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment